Apple Resourcing are currently looking for and experienced Income Officer for our client based in Billericay, Essex on a full-time permanent basis.
Working hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, competitive salary + benefits.
- Provide a high quality and prompt housing management service to customers to ensure that current tenants arrears are pursued in order to maximise unpaid rental income
- Offer advice and support to customers, assisting them to access all of services and to ensure tenancy conditions are enforced
- Negotiate realistic repayment agreements taking into account financial circumstance
- Give advice on rent payment options
- Understand and make referrals to the welfare benefits team
- Work effectively with external partners
- Arrange welfare benefit advice and debt counselling services for tenants who need it
- Work with tenants to help them become more financially and digitally included Manage a complex caseload and instigate legal action as necessary for the recovery of debt
- Attend the County Court to present cases where possession is required to minimise income loss to the Association
- Sign up new tenants explaining policies and services, tenant’s legal and welfare rights and tenancy obligations
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Previous experience working for a housing association
- Good understanding of the welfare reform changes and the impact
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, including evenings and occasional weekend work
- Experience of working to targets/deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to different situations
- Computer literate
- Full Driving License and Care required for the role
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply now, you can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01277 699778.