Apple Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Logistics Administrator to join one of our key logistics clients in the Thurrock, Essex area on a full-time permanent basis.
Working hours are Monday- Friday 8am-5:30pm, training will be provided. You will be a key part of the team ensuring high value customers goods are stored safely and either collected or dispatched via, land, sea and air accordingly.
- Create/Update accounts in Boxtop, ensure all aspects are completed when a customer opens or amends an account
- Ensure important data such as WOWGR, AWRS, storage/freight only, VAT, accounts code and any special requirements are updated
- Receive orders from customers, check details and obtain all required information if not included
- Create/Update contact details in Boxtop & obtain account codes for new contacts
- Check details of goods against Intake Notes/supportive documents to ensure Status of goods, quantity, rotation numbers, weights/dimensions, values and any special requirements
- Update job file at all stages with new information, from order, stock received, booking & confirmation, loading instructions, vessel & sailing details, export entry, B/L and additional documentation, any amendments, notes & comments, costs & charges, sales & suppliers invoices
- Liaise with colleagues or loading point when orders are received to provide instruction on picking and consignee details
- Receive, check and pass suppliers invoices and forward to the accounts department
- Deal with client or supplier complaints and keep the Director updated
In order to succeed in the position you will have:
- Previous Admin experience is essential
- Previous experience working within logistics, Freight or transport sector would be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- The ability to work in a team and assist other employees
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in this position please apply now, alternatively you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01277 699778.